Sunday, August 25, 2013

Roasted Garlic Mushrooms

Good afternoon all!

It has been some time since I have posted. Life got away from me and I stopped making the time. I am sure I will pick it up again soon.

The reason I am posting today is because I saw a very appealing and delicious looking recipe on my Facebook feed, with the instructions to share it so you have access to it in the future. I don't know about you guys, but the idea of having to scroll aimlessly through my wall in 6 months when I decide to finally make the thing (if I even remember about it in 6 months, which I won't) does not appeal to me. That is why I love Pinterest so much. I can pin and pin all day long and not have to worry about having to remember what I find. I just go to the pin board I am looking for (my various recipe boards are my most frequented) and I am reminded instantly.

The problem with these Facebook 'share' recipes is I cannot pin them! I thanks my mother-in-law for originally sharing the recipe, but from what I can tell, the post links back to a 'Getting Healthy' support group that I do not have access to, and that being said, I don't even know if it is an original recipe for someone on that page.

So I decided to post it here
.
*Update* a commenter found the source recipe, found Here!

Here is the recipe copied from the Facebook post in question: *I have not tried to make this as of yet, I am posting this so I can pin it and be able to make it in the future :) * But if you try it, please let me know how it turns out!



Roasted Garlic Mushrooms

16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil
75g unsalted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
50g fresh breadcrumbs


Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 20 seconds.

Arrange the mushrooms in a shallow roasting tin with the stalks facing upwards.

Mix together the butter, garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning. Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top. Either refrigerate for later use, or cook immediately in the oven for 10 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/vegetable/roasted-garlic-mushrooms-2.html
    I think this is the source

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for that! will update accordingly!

      Delete